Models and Methods for an active ageing workforce: an international academy
The main objective of the MAIA Academy is to create a unique research and innovation staff exchange network focused on the ageing problem in manufacturing. MAIA project will provide a multidisciplinary approach to achieve objectives as:
- The study of the aging workforce needs and requirements in European production and assembly systems;
- The development of new design methodology to create assembly and production workspaces elderly-oriented by preserving productivity, quality and safety;
- The development of new analytical models to support assembly and production line design elderly-oriented and validate them with world-wide case studies.
- Design and test of new ergonomics devices in order to support aging workers during tasks, by helping them in reducing muscular fatigue and risk of muscle skeletal disorders
- Design and test of new immersive and virtual reality instruments in order to guide elder workers and support them in the production process.
MAIA will bring together 5 EU universities and 5 THIRD COUNTRIES universities to create a new generation of knowledge towards the creation of age-friendly paradigms, models and methods for manufacturing systems.
Technische Universität München
Baruch College City University of New York
Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace
Technische Universität Darmstadt
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Universita degli Studi di Padova